[Vision2020] For those who are wonderin' . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 09:28:27 PST 2012

I see that signing the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which
allows for indefinite detention without charges being brought or the
need for a pesky trial, wasn't trumpeted on your list.

I can't think of a tool more useful for a police state.  Why wasn't this
brought up in the debates?  I remember us all giving Bush hell when he
started this whole thing after 9/11.  Why didn't our President, a
Constitution scholar no less, veto this outrageous bill?

Here are a few links where folks on the list can read about this:

ACLU: http://www.aclu.org/blog/tag/ndaa
Infowars:
http://www.infowars.com/how-the-ndaa-directly-threatens-average-americans-and-how-you-can-take-action-now/
Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/14/ndaa-case-indefinite-dentention_n_1885204.html
policymic:
http://www.policymic.com/articles/17825/ndaa-actually-gives-obama-the-legal-authority-to-kill-or-detain-romney-without-trial

Oh, yeah, and don't go thinking that Romney will be any better:

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1yY3NCiMVQ
Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/16/republican-debate-ndaa-indefinite-detention_n_1209581.html

There are plenty more.

I think it's useful to keep this in mind during this election, though no
vote anyone can make in this election has the power to do anything about
this, realistically speaking.  I suggest we try, though.  As it stands,
all of the major third party candidates are in agreement that the NDAA
should not have been signed into law.

Paul