[Vision2020] Itemized Contributions (Education Voters of Idaho)

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 11:50:29 PDT 2012

Here's some more information on those mentioned but not further identified:

Foster Friess Bankrolled Rick Santorum's campaign. He became famous for the "Bayer Aspirin as birth control" remark."In addition to Santorum's faith, pro-life stance, and hawkish foreign policy leanings, the possibility of defeating incumbent President Barack Obama was a major component of Friess's decision to back Santorum's campaign. Friess is reportedly considering major contributions to American Crossroads in hopes to influence key 2012 senate races.[10]
Friess has also donated $100,000 to Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker to help defeat the Democrats' recall effort in 2011. In addition, he has reportedly donated more than $3 million to the conservative commentator Tucker Carlson's The Daily Caller website.[7] At one of the semi-annual, private seminars held by the Koch brothers in June 2011, Friess was recognized for his donation exceeding $1 million to the Kochs' political activities.[(Wikipedia)
John Bryan  "Bryan’s $37 million family trust, the Challenge Foundation, contributes heavily and regularly to conservative causes like challenging global warming research and scaling back government in addition to lending its name to public schools like the Thomas Jefferson charter school.He’s a national figure in libertarian circles when it comes to charter schools, and spoke last June about the push to expand charter schools at an annual retreat held by the billionaire Koch brothers, according to a copy of the retreat’s agenda obtained by the Center for American Progress".(Think Progress.org)
Larry Williams   "Larry Williams is associated with several companies, including Alumni Forest Products, Inc., Idaho Timber Corporation of Mountain Home, Inc. and Idaho Timber Corporation of Wiergate, Inc." (Corporationwiki.com) He's a major donor to BSU, including the stadium expansion.
Frank Baxter  Ambassador to Uruguay under GW Bush.
"Frank E. Baxter was born in Northern California in 1938.[2][3][1][5] He served in the U.S. Air Force for four years.[2][3][1][5] In 1961, he graduated from theUniversity of California at Berkeley with a B.A. in Economics.[2][3][4][5] From 1961 to 1963, he worked for the Bank of California in San Francisco.[2][5] In 1963, he joined J.S. Strauss and Company, San Francisco.[2][5]
From 1974 to 2002, he worked for Jefferies and Company.[2][3][5] By 1987, he became its CEO, and started the Investment Technology Group.[2][3][4][5]
He has served on the Board of Directors of NASDAQ and the Securities Industry Association.[2][3][1][4][5] He is also Chairman of the Board of Governors of Fremont College.[6][4]
He is also the Chairman of the Board of Alliance for College-Ready Public Schools and After-School All Stars.[2][3][5] He is a Board Member of theCalifornia Institute of the Arts, a member of Governor Schwarzenegger's Commission for Jobs and Economic Growth, Vice Chairman of the Board of theLos Angeles Opera, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.[2][3][7][8][1][4][5] He sits on the Board of Overseers of the Hoover Institution.[9] He is a Trustee of the University of California Berkeley Foundation and the LA Chapter of the I Have A Dream Foundation.[2][10][3][1][5] He is a member of the Council of American Ambassadors.[5] Baxter is a member of the Board of Directors of the Pacific Council on International Policy.[11]
He is a member of the California Club, the Los Angeles Country Club, the Siwanoy Country Club, and the University Club of New York" (Wikipedia)
"Alliance for College-Ready Public Schools (LA Alliance) is a not-for-profit organization which operates charter schools in Los Angeles" (Wikipedia) (18 schools).

William Oberndorf is chairman of the board of Aggregates U.S.A. and Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, director emeritus of Plum Creek Timber Co, and founding partner of SPO Partners & Co.  He is also co-founder, board member and past chairman of the Alliance for School Choice, a nationwide organization that works to bring about K-12 education reform and expand school choice for low-income families. Oberndorf also serves as a trustee of The Thacher School, The University of California San Francisco Foundation, University School in Cleveland, Ohio and former trustee of Williams College. He has a M.B.A. from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and B.A. from Williams College.  He and his wife reside in California and have two sons.

"Bill and Susan Oberndorf: This Oberndorfs use their fortune, gained from Bill’s position as the managing director of the investment firm SPO Partners, to funnel money to a wide variety of school choice and corporate education reform groups. In 2009, their Bill and Susan Oberndorf Foundation gave $376,793 to AFC, $5,000 to the Center for Education Reform, and $50,000 to the Brighter Choice Foundation. Additionally, Bill Oberndorf gave half a million dollars to the school choice front group All Children Matter between 2005 and 2007. At a recent education panel, Bill Oberndorf was credited with giving “tens of millions” of dollars of his personal wealth to the school choice movement, and said that the passage of the Indiana voucher law was the “gold standard” for what should be done across America"  (ThinkProgress.org) The Indiana Voucher Law allows public money to flow to private schools, including religious schools (RF)

"The Alliance for School Choice is the largest organization in the United States promoting school choice programs. The Alliance for School choice supports the creation and expansion of school voucher, corporate tax credit, and other school choice programs. The organization is headquartered in Washington, DC, is designated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and receives its funding through private individual and foundation donations".(Wikipedia)

John Fisher  is one of the heirs to the fortune of the founders of The Gap, worth an estimated $1.3 billion. John co-owns pro baseball's Oakland A's, donates to KIPP schools for underprivileged.(Forbes) He's on the Board of KIPP, and the Alliance for School Choice (KIPP Website).

John Fery Retired CEO and Chairman, Boise Cascade.

Kevin Settles serves as President and Owner at Bardenay Restaurants and Distilleries, Boise, Idaho. Mr. Settles also serves as a Director at National Restaurant Association.(Business Week)

Harry Bettis rancher and banker. Major donor to Republicans.

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA