[Vision2020] Song

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Tue May 29 10:01:57 PDT 2012

Garrett -

I am extremely pleased that a person of your skills has undertaken such a challenge . . .

The city arts department and commission has "shelved" the idea of a city song, telling me that they don't have the time.

I reintroduced the challenge to Moscow Vision 2020, hoping to fire up interest in competition for an official city song . . . no luck.

The only thing I can suggest, for now, is to hold on to your song and, hopefully, things will happen.  I am posting this response to Vision 2020, hoping to "stir the waters".

If nobody shows any interest and (here's the important part) your song is introduced to the "powers that be" and is adopted as the official city song, your song (by default) is designated and awarded first place ($2,000), second place ($1,000) and third place ($500), totaling $3,500.

In addition, the song would become public domain (no copyright) and posted publicly online, hopefully the city website.

Thanks again.

Tom Hansen
"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com