[Vision2020] The Human Toll

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue May 29 07:46:08 PDT 2012

Courtesy of the June 4, 2012 edition of the Army Times.

-------------------------------

The following U.S. service members died while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom combat operations in Afghanistan, confirmed by the Defense Department from May 18, 2012 through May 24, 2012:

Marine Cpl. Keaton G. Coffey, 22, of Boring, Oregon; assigned to 1st Law Enforcement Battalion, 1st Marine Headquarters Group, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, California.

Army Spc. Arronn D. Fields, 27, of Terre Haute, Indiana; assigned to the 81st Troop Command, Indiana National Guard, Indianapolis, Indiana.

Army Spc.Vilmar Galarza Hernandez, 21, of Salinas, California; assigned to the 4th Battalion, 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.

Army Pfc. Cale C. Miller, 23, of Overland Park, Kansas; assigned to the 4th Battalion, 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.

Army 2nd Lt. Travis A. Morgado, 25, of San Jose, California; assigned to the 5th Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.

Navy Hospitalman Eric D. Warren, of Shawnee, Oklahoma; assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, Regimental Combat Team 6, 1st Marine Division (Forward), I Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward), Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Ryan J. Wilson, 26, of Shasta, California; assigned to U.S. Naval Forces Central Command headquarters in Bahrain.

May 18, 2012 – May 24, 2012
Killed: 7; Wounded in action: 74

October 10, 2001 – May 24, 2012
Killed: 1,972; Wounded in action: 16,024

-------------------------------

National Guard (in Federal Status) and Reserve Activated
(as of May 22, 2012)

http://www.defense.gov/news/d20120522ngr.pdf

And the beat goes on . . .

“Bring 'em Home"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Bring_em_Home.mp3

"If you love this land of the free
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home
Bring them back from overseas
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

It will make the politicians sad, I know
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home
They wanna tangle with their foe
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

They wanna test their grand theories
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home
With the blood of you and me
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

Now we'll give no more brave young lives
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home
For the gleam in someone else's eyes
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

The men will cheer and the boys will shout
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home
Yeah and we will all turn out
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

The church bells will ring with joy
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home
To welcome our darlin' girls and boys
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

We will lift our voice and sound
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home
Yeah, when Johnny comes marching home
Bring 'em home, bring 'em home."

Pro patria,

Tom Hansen
SFC, US Army (Retired)
Moscow, Idaho

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."

-- Adlai E. Stevenson