[Vision2020] Are the police tracking your calls?

deb debismith at moscow.com
Fri May 25 15:08:32 PDT 2012

Just re-read an old favorite: "The Doorbell Rang" by Rex Stout. It's an early (1965) Nero Wolf detective novel with an anti-FBI (J. Edgar Hoover era) theme. How he got away with this when it was written is amazing....Nothing new under the sun, or under cover of "patriotism", "protecting the public", and "national security"....

I still remember our 1960's anti-war group having a pot-luck dinner where the FBI showed up to bust our "pot party" and arrested my (then) husband as an illegal alien. Turns out he was a US Air Force Staff Sgt. and was born in Canoga Park CA....Embarrasing for them. The FBI also put agents in a field across the street from our house in open monitoring of us. They got quite an eyeful of a pregnant teenager sun-bathing, hippies planting spinach, and US Air Force members coming and going. Courtesy of the folks they were watching they got sandwiches, organic salad, and iced tea to keep them going on those long, hot, tiresome August days in Mtn. Home ID.. I hope they all made it through those crazy times, and I surely wish well to those folks who have replaced them in the newest cazy times. To their bosses: not so much well wishes. In fact, a good deal of animosity.
Debi R-S