[Vision2020] RINOs Killed Last Night and Other Numbers of Interest

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 19:49:53 PDT 2012

Rose,

Crossing over party primaries certainly did not help Tom Trail and Barrett Schroeder. It is hard to believe that without the crossover they could have done worse. Schroeder received only 32% of the vote in a two-man race. Tom Trail has never lost an election before in Latah that I am aware of, at least not recently. Neither of these men are such horrible candidates or running against such great opponents as to lose by the margins that they did without a significant third factor.

The election result numbers point to a very low turnout but with a higher percentage of people voting for the most conservative of candidates; Meaning that core conservatives were extremely motivated by something to vote. Even if all the people that voted in the Democratic Primary that voted for Shirley Ringo, the highest vote getter, could also vote for Schroeder, he still would not have won.

When 62%+  of the voters are voting conservative and the district has always been competitive, it tells you that there was a hard shift to the right at the polls.

Donovan J. Arnold