[Vision2020] Citations for "frequenting"; fyi

Lynn McCollough lmccollough at gmail.com
Mon May 14 21:51:31 PDT 2012

I was also curious about the apparent surge in citations for
"allegedly frequenting a place where drugs were used", so I called the
city last week. They returned my call and explained the citation. I
mistakenly assumed it regarded those already on probation for a drug
use charge, and/or was about specific places. Instead, this charge is
given to those who are present when illegal drug activity is overtly
occurring, and they do nothing about this crime. They do not stop it,
nor call police, nor run away. So, there is nowhere in Moscow where
you would be safe from this charge, as long as illegal drug use was
happening in your presence.
Not even the fire station.
If any person/group used among themselves, no one claimed you imbibed,
none was found on your person, but you remained present, you could
apparently be cited for this criminal act.