[Vision2020] Jus' When You Thought You've Heard It All . . . Jeesh!

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon May 7 08:03:34 PDT 2012

I'm countin' the days to the first Obama/Romney debate.

Courtesy of the Chicago Tribune at:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/localelections/la-pn-romney-democrats-just-dont-like-business-very-much-20120502,0,1493026.story

-----------------------------------
Mitt Romney: Democrats 'just don't like business very much'

CHANTILLY, Va. — Arguing that President Obama’s policies have harmed small businesses and divided Americans, Mitt Romney pledged Wednesday that he would ease regulations, increase domestic energy production and reduce taxes to right the nation’s economy.

“Democrats say they like a strong economy. They just don’t like business very much and you see the economy is made up of nothing but business and so we have to encourage entrepreneurs. I will make America a great place for entrepreneurs again, for small business, for women-owned business, for men-owned business,” Romney told supporters in a warehouse in the suburb of Washington, D.C.

Romney made the remarks in front of a group of female small business owners in an overt appeal to female voters. He was introduced by his wife, Ann.

“We appreciate all these women being here. It is, it is a great country, and it’s exciting to see what women can do,” she said to applause. “Yes! We know! We know what women can do. And how wonderful is the world, and how women actually do make the world go round."

Mitt Romney said he would bring Americans together, and spoke out against divisions based on party, gender and race.

“The president has done something that is extraordinarily disappointing and I think it may also have an impact on economic vitality in our country. He’s taken to attacking success. He’s taken to dividing the American people. He’s take to finding scapegoats for his own  failures, finding some way to explain why it is three and a half years into his presidency this economy is still bumping along the bottom and 23, 24 million people are out of work or stopped looking for work or underemployed and so he’s  trying to find someone to attack,” Romney said. “This nation is not made great by Americans castigating and demonizing one another. It was made great by Americans standing together and celebrating success and encouraging achievement.”

Romney said Obama’s administration is the most anti-small-business since Jimmy Carter’s.

“My vision for America is very different than this president’s vision. What he’s done over the last three and a half years is, is install a series of policies that have made it backbreaking for many small businesses, that have made it harder for our economy to reboot and put people back to work,” Romney said. “What I would do -- people ask me, 'What, what would you do to get the economy going?' I say, well, look at what the president’s done, and do the opposite.”

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown