[Vision2020] Susan Brown Column Daily News

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:11:30 PDT 2012

Good Morning Visionaries:

Many of you I'm sure saw the 4/30 column in DNews by Susan Brown.  My
response is appended below.

Brown and Tiny Dupy are horrible embarrassments to their respective
political sympathizers, so why does the DNews waste good money on them?

To the Editor:

In her column (4/30) Susan Brown claims that Obama believes that capitalism
is "broken down theory.” Brown neglected to mention that he was talking
about Ronald Reagan’s “trickle down economics,” which has defied the law of
gravity by moving 275 percent more wealth up not down.

Brown’s recollection of the Reagan years is highly selective. Reagan
actually raised taxes in every year of his two terms except one. The
libertarian Ludwig von Mises institute has described the Tax Equity and
Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 “the largest tax increase in American
history.”

Reagan cut everything but defense, but the national debt still rose 189
percent, a record for the post war period. Bush II cut taxes, waged two
unfunded wars, passed an unfunded senior drug program, had the worst job
record since Herbert Hoover, and increased the debt by 89 percent.

In stark contrast Obama has created the most manufacturing jobs since 2005,
passed a successful stimulus (the effects of which have now gone), saved
the auto industry and  one million of its jobs, and has increased the
national debt 41 percent in 3.5 years.

Brown should know better than to drag out the old canard that “Obama palled
around with terrorists,” a Sarah Palin charge that was dismissed in the
2008 campaign.  Yes, William Ayers was a member of the Weather Underground
, but he, just as the late Charles Colson, has redeemed himself.

 The closest association Obama ever had with Ayers was the education and
social programs funded by the Annenberg Foundation.  When I visited my
parents in Palm Springs at Christmas in the 1980s, I would see Air Force
One parked at the airport.  Ronald Reagan was  staying at the 200 acre
walled estate of his “radical” friend Walter Annenberg.

Nick Gier, Moscow