[Vision2020] Vandal sports

Love America skialaska0 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:51:27 PDT 2012

Donovan,

If Idaho were to go back to the Big Sky, UI would have to cut women's
programs plain and simple.  Whether you like it or not, football revenue
and Title IX compliance are why women's programs are doing so well at UI.
I suspect soccer would go first, followed by women's golf.  Men's and
women's swimming would be cut next and probably some track scholarships are
lost.  Heck, I  wish the Vandals have had better success at WAC football,
but at least the pain on the gridiron (with a couple of great years in the
midst) has allowed hundreds of athletes to attend the UI who would not have
had a chance if the UI was still in the Big Sky.  Those scholarships have
helped with diversity, have added to the richness of the university, and
have introduced 100's of fine people to Moscow that would have not been
there.   I love winning like anyone else, but I know that in the end having
these opportunities for these fine students outweigh the win/loss record of
any football team.

Thanks
Chris
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com