[Vision2020] Food Crops Everywhere

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Tue May 1 02:17:47 PDT 2012

I'm living in South Korea now -- I have been for the past three years
-- and one thing that I love here is the planting that occurs in so
many places. If a plot of land is unoccupied, no matter how large or
how small, someone is growing squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes,
carrots, radishes, red peppers,onions, garlic, cabbage, tomatoes,
spinach, celery, bok choy, corn, etc. This is on lands public and
private, and the gardening is usually being done by elderly women,
and, less frequently, by elderly men. I understand that, when this
gardening occurs on public lands, it is part of some government
sanctioned program.

 I think it's a great idea. Does anyone know if similar programs exist
in the US, maybe even in Moscow?