[Vision2020] PR - City Declares Local Disaster Emergency

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Mon Mar 26 11:57:17 PDT 2012

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208-883-7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
City of Moscow Declares Local Disaster Emergency

March 26, 2012 (Moscow, Idaho) - Due to heavy rains and moderate temperatures creating an imminent danger of flooding which threatens widespread and/or severe damage to life or property as defined by Idaho Code §46-1002 Mayor Nancy Chaney has issued a proclamation declaring a Local Disaster Emergency at 11:30 a.m. on March 26, 2012.  This declaration shall remain in effect for a period of seven (7) days unless extended pursuant to the authorization of the Moscow City Council.

The purpose of the proclamation is to identify the extraordinary circumstances our community is facing at this time in order to activate the recovery aspects of any and all applicable local or intergovernmental disaster emergency plans and to authorize the furnishing of aid and assistance as necessary.

###

Story Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
Phone: 208.883.7006
Email: griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.

w | www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>
[Description: Facebook copy]<http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/CityofMoscowIdaho>[Description: Twitter]<https://twitter.com/#!/CityofMoscowId> [Description: LinkedIN] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/city-of-moscow>