[Vision2020] NAACP to take vote laws to U.N.

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 15:00:14 PDT 2012

Viva,

You are 100% correct. It doesn't prevent fraud, and it wouldn't even if there was fraud to prevent. Republicans are doing this to remove a legitimate block of Democratic voters. Preventing fraud is just the spin line to disguise their true intentions.

It does impact elections though. Most of the people that would be unable to get a Voter ID that should be able to vote would be the poor, less educated, people with mobility issues, and persons of age. The super-majority of these people generally vote Democrat. So this could knock maybe one percent of the population out of elections givng Republicans an upper hand in elections, and many elections do come to about 1% difference.

I think Voter ID would create an easier opportunity as well for someone that wanted to vote by simply getting a fake ID saying they are over 18 with an address in the precinct they are trying to vote. I also must ask, who was going to train the poll volunteers to recognize real from fake IDs and what do they do if they aren't sure? What if the person doesn't look like their photo ID? I sure as hell don't as I sure many others don't either. There is also the problem with something being wrong with their ID that keeps them out, like a misspelled name, birth date, expiration date, address change, damage to the card, and their inability to afford or a get a replacement card in time if lost between the every four years they vote.

Donovan Arnold