[Vision2020] Romney Says Poor People Taste Like Chicken

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Mar 1 10:41:22 PST 2012

In Possible Gaffe, Romney Says Poor People 'Taste Like Chicken'
Awkward Moment at Ohio Wrestling Event

TOLEDO (The Borowitz Report)) – In what some political observers are calling a possible gaffe on the part of the former Massachusetts governor, Mitt Romney told a crowd gathered for a World Wrestling Entertainment event in Ohio today, “I love poor people.  They taste like chicken.”

After an awkward silence from the crowd and a smattering of boos, Mr. Romney added, “Really, you should try them someday.  They go well with a nice Sancerre.”

The GOP frontrunner’s latest faux pas came just two days after Mr. Romney’s big win in the Michigan primary, in which he narrowly defeated a mental patient in a sweater vest.

In Michigan, Mr. Romney had spoken to workers at a GM plant, saying, “I love cars.  I’m like a car.  I was conceived in Michigan and my microcircuitry is from Japan.”

In other campaign news, former Senator Rick Santorum addressed the controversy over contraception, telling a crowd in Dayton, “The best form of contraception will always be underwear with a picture of me on the crotch.”

In other news:

-- North Korea said it would stop making nuclear weapons if the US stops making Chipmunks sequels.

-- Bristol Palin announced plans to do a reality show, despite her mother's longstanding objection to reality.

-- And "Jersey Shore" star Snooki is pregnant, according to People I Don't Give a Shit About magazine.

Seeya later, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Post Falls, Idaho

"If not us, who?