[Vision2020] Constitutionality of the Affordable CareAct(Obamacare) . . .

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 22:26:13 PDT 2012

1/ How did he gain votes? Who are the folks who were not voting for Romney before but are voting for him now?

2/ Certainly, you'd be writing that Romney gained votes if the Supremes found the healthcare plan unconstitutional. So the view is he was destined to gain votes today no matter how the decision turned out?!?

3/ Keep in mind that Romney himself was in favor of a similar healthcare proposal paid for by tax dollars. He's going to have a difficult time putting forth the spin most conservatives are giving today.

4/ How is Obama a liar? He just had a different view on how the healthcare plan should be implemented. Are the conservative members of the court, who disagreed with the verdict in other ways, liars as well?

5/ Why are some conservatives unwilling to compromise on anything? First the charge was the plan was unconstitutional. The Supreme Court, which has grown increasingly conservative, says that ain't so. So immediately they disagree with it for other reasons. These my-way-or-the-highway tactics are unhelpful. At some point these conservatives are going to have to give a little if we're ever going to solve our problems.

6/ Universal healthcare is not only humane but a cost benefit to EVERYONE. I still don't see what the downside is other than that it was the idea of a Democrat -- well after Romney thought of it first!