[Vision2020] Simpson, Crapo say fight over health care not over

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 28 13:00:49 PDT 2012

Courtesy of KHQ at:

http://www.khq.com/story/18905050/simpson-crapo-say-fight-over-health-care-not-over

-----------------------------------

Simpson, Crapo say fight over health care not over
BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding the federal health care overhaul has done nothing to soothe the frustration felt by Idaho's Congressional delegation over the law.

The court on Thursday upheld the individual mandate portion of the new law and other components.

Still, Rep. Mike Simpson says the fight is not over. While the seven-term Republican accepts the court's decision, he is calling on Congress to repeal the law and work on market-driven reforms.

Sen. Mike Crapo says he expects President Obama to move forward with implementing the bill. But Crapo says the problem is the bill is just bad legislation.

First-term Sen. Jim Risch says the court's decision barring the federal government from forcing states to expand Medicaid coverage means the law has failed to meet its primary goal.

-----------------------------------

Before Rep. Simpson and Sen. Crapo pursue the repeal of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), I encourage them to spend a few days in the waiting room of Sacred Heart Medical Center's intensive care unit . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_evAn0ZLQfY

. . . and listen to the friends and relatives of the patients, such as I did for five weeks, seven days a week.  Learn of predicaments, as I did, of . . .

A young lady, in her early 20s, who suffered a serious stroke as she entered the 19th week of pregnancy, who lost the child and went home to medical bills she will probably be paying for a long, long time.

An 80-something female cancer survivor, who was there visiting her dying brother, accompanied by three sisters, two brothers, their children and grandchildren in a standing-room-only waiting room as they share old memories of their brother/uncle, while passing a collection bag around the room to help pay the medical expenses.

These are only two of the many predicaments of which I became familiar.

I consider myself and my spouse extremely fortunate and thankful to be members of Tri-Care, another government-run health insurance program.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown