[Vision2020] Constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) . . .

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 09:27:32 PDT 2012

I'm not qualified to talk about Paul's concern and it is too early to
tell what the impact of this decision is going to be, so I'll withhold
judgment about whether it is a good decision for now.

Just a quick response to Gary: This is an old and tiresome set of
comments. We KNOW that conservatives are going to try to paint ALL
progressives and liberals as tax and spend communists. BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Those points have been given and will be forthcoming for the rest of
eternity, it seems. There is no increase in political capital here for
conservatives, since they are just left saying the same old tiresome
stuff. Had the decision gone the other way, they'd have had something
new to say in addition to the same old tiresome stuff they would have
said anyway. That is why it is a HUGE victory for Obama, in my view.
And you know it too.

(Note that what I'm claiming that you know Gary is that this is a HUGE
victory for Obama, not that Obama is going to win the election. That
is still to close to say with certainty -- although I did so anyway!
That is why my prediction is so bold (yet unsurprising, likely).)