[Vision2020] Constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 09:09:49 PDT 2012

The thing I don't like about this ruling is the precedent it has set for taxation.  It has now been confirmed to be constitutional to tax somebody for not doing something (in this case, signing up for insurance).  That means that later administrations can pass laws which allow people to be taxed for, say, not installing solar panels on their roofs or not running an "approved" operating system or not owning a handgun, or not being heterosexual, or whatever scary scenario you want to come up with.

I haven't read the 193 page ruling yet, so hopefully they dealt with this in some way.  If not, the Supremes just opened up a Pandora's box that will have serious ramifications down the road.

Paul