[Vision2020] Handgun Clinic

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 09:29:41 PDT 2012

Thanks Janesta.

I don't own a gun nor do I plan to either. But I've been taking gun safety and shooting lessons with my son for a few months now. My son overnighted as at a friend's house and ended up shooting guns with my approval. So I thought it would be good if he knew what he was doing and a friend offered to help.

Actually I enjoy the sport of shooting now and not just because it gives something for my son and I to do together. I doubt I'll ever get a gun since statistics clearly indicate that you are far more likely to be harmed by a gun than to be helped.

But I agree with Janesta that if folks are going to have guns better that they know how to use them. Nothing wrong with gun safety lessons.

On the other hand, I agree with Tom and others that carrying guns for safety reasons and the general paranoia associated with events like this are a bit disturbing. Moscow is one of the safest communities in the country.

Joe