[Vision2020] PR - City Request Feedback

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Tue Jun 19 10:56:40 PDT 2012

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208-883-7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
City of Moscow Transportation Plan Survey

June 19, 2012 (Moscow, Idaho) - The City of Moscow is in the beginning stages of developing a long range transportation plan known as "Moscow on the Move," which will identify and prioritize transportation system needs and improvements for the next 20 years.

The City's Comprehensive Plan, adopted in 2009, set forth goals and strategies to achieve a long-term vision for vibrancy, sustainability, and a multimodal approach to transportation. This consists of promoting a balanced transportation system designed for all users, focusing land use intensity in the downtown core, and stimulating sustainable economic development. The Transportation Plan will be used to guide transportation system investments within the City of Moscow by developing policies and strategies that promote both conventional and viable alternative transportation options furthering the goals and objectives of the Comprehensive Plan.

Obtaining the input of citizens and key stakeholders in the community is crucial to this planning effort. The City of Moscow invites you to participate in an on-line transportation survey, to help us better understand current issues and gauge the community's perceptions, needs, and interest in a variety of general improvements to our transportation system.  Please take a few minutes to complete the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MoscowOnTheMoveSurvey.

For more information on the City of Moscow's Transportation Planning process.  Please call Kevin Lilly, City Engineer at 208-883-7025.

###

Story Contact: Kevin Lilly, City Engineer
Phone: 208-883-7025
Email: klilly at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:klilly at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.