[Vision2020] Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 06:13:49 PDT 2012

Chas,

"Atheism can be simple nonbelief in the existence of God, or the
positive belief in the nonexistence of God. As I have already
indicated, the former applies for me."

I suppose it can mean whatever you want it to mean, Chas.  And you can split hairs with definitions endlessly. However, most, if not all people are going to take atheist to mean a person that doesn't believe in a God. "Lacking" means "without" in the definitions you have listed. Not many will attach the concept of a limited degree of probability as you seem to want to hinge to it to the alter its intended meaning and give it a new definition one can only derive from a lengthy conversation with you. Either way, declaring the belief there is not a God, is illogical.

Donovan J. Arnold