[Vision2020] UI Job Announcement

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jul 25 08:37:54 PDT 2012

Courtesy of the University of Idaho Human Resources office at:

http://vandalweb.uidaho.edu/PROD/ui_fa_jld.job_listing#132

-----------------------------------
Roving Campus Security Officers
Job #:     132
Rate of Pay:     $11.50/hr
Hours/Week:     8-40 hrs/wk
Number of Positions Available:     2
Start:     ASAP
End:     Indefinite
Qualifications:     21 or older. Must have flexibility with schedule and available days/nights/weekends; favorable motor vehicle record; favorable drug and background screen; 3+ years driving history; proven ability to handle difficult situations in a responsible, respectful and professional manner; ability to maintain a clean and professional image; HS diploma or GED; reliable transportation; physically capable to walk 8 hour patrols; ability to return calls within 30 minutes, ability to lift 20 lbs..
Description:     The core duties of the University of Idaho Security team are to make the campus community safer. We do that by making regular visible patrols of the facilities to watch for potential safety hazards and crimes; checking to ensure buildings are locked and secure; documenting problems detected; and escalate issues to the university staff that has responsibility for the area/facility or to the Moscow Police Department as directed. The University of Idaho Security Team provides Safe Walk services where we accompany students/faculty/staff across campus to make sure they can safely traverse the campus without fear of personal harm. We work closely with Moscow Police Department, the Facilities and Building Services Staff, Student Affairs, and Housing as partners in keeping the campus safe and secure.
Job Located in:     Boise

So, the only requirements to become a campus security officer consist of a "favorable" driving record, a HS diploma or GED, the ability to hang around the campus for eight hours a day, return telephone calls within 30 minutes, and lift 20 pounds.  After successfully completing such extensive vetting, the candidate is paid $11.50/hour, which is more than a Scranton (Pennsylvania) police officer is paid.

Then, as if that isn't stupid enough, the job is located in Boise where they "work closely with [the] Moscow Police Department".

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown