[Vision2020] About Evidence

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:25:50 PDT 2012

Chas wrote:
> Speaking as an atheist, I don't need belief in God or gods to live a moral life.
I wholeheartedly agree Chas (if that matters at all).  Some of the of most unethical people I've met in my life have also been the most outspokenly religious.  My guess is that for some of these folks, they feel they have a 'get out of jail' free card asking for / receiving forgiveness from God to engage in the most unethical behavior that they can get away with.  On this flip side, some of the most ethical people I've known are self-described atheist or agnostic and they have a strong sense of right and wrong.

Chas also wrote:
> Atheism is the lack of belief in deity, nothing more, nothing less.
Correct - in it's purest form.  And then you have the insecure types of Atheists where the mere mention of 'God' makes their skin crawl and they feel that they need to remove 'In God We Trust' from US currency and remove 'One Nation Under God' from the Pledge of Allegiance.  These are the types of Atheists who give Atheism a bad name in my very humble opinion.

-Scott