[Vision2020] Chinese Workers Hail Romney’s Record as Job Creator

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 07:02:08 PDT 2012

 Chinese Workers Hail Romney’s Record as Job Creator Mass Pro-Romney Rally
in Beijing    BEIJING (*The Borowitz
Report<http://borowitzreport.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=49de3335c30245ecd0fa291aa&id=31d8416432&e=8ba6febced>
*) – After a brutal week in which he was booed by the NAACP and grilled by
the media, Republican presidential choice Mitt Romney got some support from
an unlikely place today: Beijing.

Manufacturing workers from across China flooded downtown Beijing to show
their gratitude for Mr. Romney’s robust record of job creation in China
while at the helm of the private equity firm Bain Capital.

While Mr. Romney’s feats of outsourcing have taken a political toll at
home, they have made him a national hero in China, according to workers
like Qiu Huang, who attended the rally.

“I owe my job to Mitt Romney, and so do many of my friends and family
members,” he said.  “His record as a job creator, in China at least, is
second to none.”

Mr. Qiu said that if Mr. Romney ran for President of China, “he’d win in a
landslide – he wouldn’t even need those billionaire brothers to buy ads for
him.”

But the Chinese worker was surprised to learn that Mr. Romney had spent the
better part of the week denying that he still worked at Bain during the
company’s frenzy of outsourcing jobs to China.

“Why would you deny doing a great thing like that?” he asked. “That would
be like denying you gave people healthcare.”

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
art.deco.studios at gmail.com