[Vision2020] A Celebration of the Confederacy - No Thanks

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Thu Jul 12 15:27:36 PDT 2012

Hi Tom,

I am sorry to be writing to you with a complaint but I must.  I know that
you and the other county commissioners are not responsible for the display
in the lobby of the courthouse.  Nonetheless, the fact that that display as
been up for at least two days without (apparently) concern on your part is
making my head explode. (Maybe you are out of town and don't know about this
- if so, I apologize to you) I hate to use the expression WTF, but really
Tom, WTF.  What would national news outlets think, given Idaho's connection
with the Aryan Nations, Doug Wilson's Southern Slavery as It Was, and local
freaky Tea Party morons who think State's Rights trump all?  If the
Confederacy is going to celebrated front and center in the Courthouse it is
my expectation that the following images (make sure the county contacts the
appropriate parties for permission to show what the Confederacy really
represented.

http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&biw=1252&bih=553&tbm=isch&tbnid=1s
aW5ihZa0wCNM:&imgrefurl=http://www.nps.gov/liho/historyculture/slavery.htm&d
ocid=eRJwpL7MsegHkM&imgurl=http://www.nps.gov/liho/historyculture/images/sla
very.jpg&w=295&h=340&ei=0k3_T6ecDoeh2QWpms2dBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=391&vpy=17
3&dur=1&hovh=241&hovw=209&tx=97&ty=94&sig=108509628582744690057&page=1&tbnh=
156&tbnw=135&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:148

http://www.nps.gov/liho/historyculture/images/slavery.jpg

http://abagond.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/current-arguments-about-slavery/

http://abagond.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/slavery02.jpg

And, while I am exploding (but not at you) could you please let me and the
rest of your Latah County constituency know who is responsible for this
display.  I can't believe that Ms. Petersen has any interest in glorify the
pestilent-ridden sink hole of the Ol' South.

Thanks, and I so hope I won't to be this crabby for at least the rest of the
summer.

Rose Huskey