[Vision2020] Institute for Public Accuracy: "Media Miss the Forest for the Burning Trees"

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 00:44:49 PDT 2012

As a CNA, I find that story hard to believe. The amount of insulin given is not a guessing game. The number of units given are by a doctor's prescription and a sliding scale based on their blood glucose reading. Any medical staff that doesn't give that amount or observes that amount given is subject to a lawsuit and loss of their license or certification, regardless of what a spouse or patient insists upon giving or getting.

Doctors may be wrong about the facts, they may not have all the information or disbelieve a patients testimony, but they know a great deal more of what to do based on the facts. That is why they have a license to practice medicine.

Also, when you second guess your doctor, you can do a great deal of harm to yourself.

Donovan J. Arnold