[Vision2020] Caturday (July 7, 2012)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jul 7 05:40:26 PDT 2012

Courtesy of Jezebel (Brooklyn, New York) at:

http://jezebel.com/5923454/and-then-dwarf-cat-lil-bub-happened-and-everything-changed

-----------------------------------

And Then Dwarf Cat Li’l Bub Happened And Everything Changed

Li'l Bub's mission statement, as stated on her Facebook page, begins with a thesis statement that I think we can all empathize with:

"I am BUB. I AM A GIRL. I am a real animal. More specifically, a very special, one of a kind cat."

Specifically, Li'l Bub, now a Buzzfeed celebrity and touted on her YouTube channel as "the best living creature on Earth," was born (not bred) a dwarf, a polydactyl, and will remain a "perma-kitten" for the duration of her life. Her owner claims she doesn't meow, but she does "squonks, squeaks, gurgles, snorts, hiccups, purrs and sometimes even growls." She has extra toes and, as a result, 22 claws. She can't really walk or run, mostly just waddles. Her eyes bulge. She, uh, doesn't really know how to eat correctly.

Or, as her owner lovingly describes her:

She has very short, stubby legs and a weird, long, serpent-like body. Her lower jaw is very short compared to her upper jaw, and her teeth never grew in (yes, that's right, she's toothless!), which is why her tongue is usually hanging out.

Miraculously, this all adds up to one of the weirdly cutest, Mogwai-looking motherfucking cats you will ever see. Frankly, this is proof that America/the Internet loves us today. If you disagree, we can never be friends.

'Meet Lil Bub, Nature's "Happy Accident" Who Is About To Win Your Heart' [Buzzfeed]

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW5bdkZB4z4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGTM2IOWKc

Seeya round town, Moscow.