[Vision2020] Daily News Urged to Show More Discretion

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 25 05:17:57 PST 2012

Courtesy of today's (January 25, 2012) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

------------------------------
Show more discretion
I was surprised to see the Moscow Food Co-op make the front page for the second time in a week last Friday (Jan. 20) with an article titled "GM 'no longer employed' at Co-op." The article was light on details as to why Seth Marcantonio, the new Co-op general manager, was let go and served only to leave with me a generally negative impression of him. After all, only the lazy and inept are fired. I have never had the chance to meet Marcantonio and his termination may have been completely justified, but publishing a thin, one-sided article about the troubles of a new member of the Moscow community on the front page demonstrates a complete lack of discretion. I expect more than gossip from the Daily News.
Jonathan Smith
Moscow
Perhaps Jeanne McHale said it best . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2EU2XGuRC0

Seeya later, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Post Falls, Idaho