[Vision2020] plowing of side streets

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 10:37:59 PST 2012

Does anyone know when they plan to get around to plowing side streets?
Last night I had to ram my way through snow to get into the tire tracks
in order to get out of my driveway.  Not ram through a snow berm (there
is no berm since they haven't plowed it), but to ram through the snow
that is in between the tire tracks on the street.  I got stuck trying to
get back in my driveway for the same reason, and had to dig myself out.
I was driving a Subaru with all-wheel drive, so it wasn't like I was in
some old hoopty or something.  It's pretty frustrating when half-a-block
away is bare pavement.

It wasn't so bad this morning (I didn't get stuck) because it's frozen
now.  Still, it would be nice to be able to count on using my car
without worrying about the exact consistency of the snow.

The City and County have done a great job, don't get me wrong, but I am
hoping that since most of the streets are bare that they can expand
their plowing a bit.

Paul