[Vision2020] Borden and Universal Health Care Use the Same Business Model

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 16:05:40 PST 2012

Jay,

There you go again, still claiming that 747s are too big to fly despite them flying just fine all over the world.

I do admire your ability to take numbers and percentages and mix them around to make it sound like Universal Health Care would not work unless we lived the impoverished lives of the people in Germany and Canada who barely subsist because of their tax burden.

Yet, the reality is, the "average person" in these countries has a higher standard of living and better health care than the "average person in the United States."--No matter how to you try spin the numbers.

You can point to the fact that the average household income in the US is the highest in the world all you want. But it doesn't mean a thing if 90% of the wealth is in the hands of 1% of the people.

Bill Gates, me and you have an average wealth of $1 billion. But it doesn't mean anything because Bill has 99.99+% of it. We are not better off than the $1 million amongst three divided with less inequality.

You seem to be arguing the point that because the 1% of people with 90% of the wealth cannot consume 90% of the health care resources it is a lopsided affair. This is ridiculous. What other government run program operates or could on this rational?

It is absolutely fair that the people with 90% of the wealth, pay 90% of the health care. That to me is pretty square. What do the wealthiest people get out of it? They get the 90% of the wealth generated by workers who stay well to work for them. Workers that made them their money, workers they trained, and workers will be able to bring back their experience, talents, and training. Your eldest, smartest, most profitable workers cannot make them money if they are laid out in bed, or dead.

Sounds about as fair as fair gets. You can argue the particulars of this % or that number, but at the end of all math, no matter how done, it always comes out with the reality that everyone is winning with the Universal Health Care system and the US health care system is still losing.

Donovan Arnold