[Vision2020] Traffic incidents

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Fri Jan 20 11:21:20 PST 2012

I have followed some of the reports of numerous traffic incidents during
this weather event. I am surprised that there have been 3 or more reports of
hit-and-runs (hits-and-run?). Spread the word: People who do these deeds do
get caught. Once my car was struck while parked and the driver left the
scene. A good Samaritan followed the perpetrator and recorded the car's
license numbers. The individual.who shall go unnamed..got in very deep and
costly doodoo.

Oh yeah, and there was another incident some years back. One night at
12:30AM on a Sunday evening someone smashed and totaled my parked car. The
perp left the scene, leaving behind many clues, which the police promply
collected. The driver was arrested an hour later,  in his own apartment. The
individual was heavily intoxicated. A couple of days later the person phoned
me to apologize, adding at one point, 'Oh, by the way, there wasn't anybody
in your car, was there??'   I was taken aback, but I wish now I had replied
something along the lines of  "yeah..you killed my Uncle Bert!".

Bob Dickow, troublemaker