[Vision2020] Borden and Universal Health Care Use the Same Business Model

Jay Borden jborden at datawedge.com
Thu Jan 19 22:18:18 PST 2012

With the exception of Japan, every nation you listed has a higher average personal income tax rate than the United States.  (Japan makes up for it with their corporate income tax rate).  France, Germany are over 50%.  Sweden is almost there with just under 50%.

If it’s not a lopsided model, then why does it require lopsided funding and the participation of an entire population to keep it floating?

Would you say that Social Security is working?  It’s a program that has required participation by every tax payer, has guaranteed payouts when you need them.  For all practical purposes… it’s a universal insurance policy.

(The relative strength of Canada’s dollar to our own has less to do with the strength of their economy, and more to do with the weakness of ours).

Jay