[Vision2020] Obama foreign policy, was: Mitt Romney vs. Ron Paul on civil liberties

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 07:38:05 PST 2012

Sunil,

I agree with you that there will be more bloodshed if we get out. But that is why I think we should stay in. Allowing for needless the murder and suffering of millions of innocents and the potential to let nuclear weapons fall into the hands of people that would use them is a bad idea to me. That is a geopolitical hotspot for many reasons that will explode in the face of about 50 countries if there is not a stabilizing force in the region. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Wise words from a wise man that are too often ignored.

Every land was unsuccessfully occupied until it was. I think the only reason why the Soviet Union was unable to tame Afghanistan was because the US was funding and arming them and the Soviet people weren't willing to pay the costs of achieving their objective. The Soviets were successfully defeating their enemies until Reagan got in on funding the future terrorists of the world.

Donovan Arnold