[Vision2020] Jus' Another Day on Campus . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 10:41:01 PST 2012

That would be a great argument if our forefathers hadn't decided to put the right to bear arms in as the second amendment, which leads me to believe that they thought it was important.  Important enough, perhaps, that the benefit is not outweighed by the added danger of guns being used at drunken brawls at fraternities at 8am in the morning.

I also tend to believe that simple access to weapons does not ensure their use, even by drunken frat boys.  Besides, if someone had said "I have to warn you that I'm armed, so why don't we all just calm down and go our separate ways?" might have led to a better outcome overall.

Paul