[Vision2020] WMC 7 PC HTPC

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 12 12:08:11 PST 2012

I know we've got folks who read & don't post, so I'm wondering if we've got
anyone who has built their own HTPC (preferably a WMC 7 PC) & would be
interested in sharing their experiences offlist?

While I'm really intrigued by the Ceton Q & Echo prototypes that were shown
at CES 2012, who knows when (or if) they will ever make it to the market?

We've had a whole house DVR solution for going on a decade now -- we started
out with SD ReplayTVs & made the leap to HD Moxis & Mates almost two years
ago.  Arris has decided to go a different direction with product development
& market exclusively with cable companies, so I'm looking for other
solutions since I'm Not Interested in Tivos with their crazy "service
charges."

As an aside, for those with DISH, this looks interesting:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/09/dish-network-announces-hopper-dvr-system-
joey-set-top-box-laun/

If anyone has experience they're willing to share, please contact me offlist
since I doubt any/many here would be interested in the conversation  :-)

Thanks,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

Compassion is the basis of all morality.
~ Arthur Schopenhuaer