[Vision2020] Why do we ! and ? at the end of a sentence instead of at the start?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 00:45:57 PST 2012

Ok, why do we not put the "!" or the "?" at the start of a sentence? How am I suppose to read the sentence with the right tone if I don't know it is an excited sentence until after I read it? Shouldn't I know this before I read the sentence? Same with the "?".

I think people were eating moldy bread when they invented the English language. Certainly bacteria had consumed parts of the speech and language centers of their brains.

Donovan Arnold