[Vision2020] Why are most meteorologists climate change skeptics?

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 22:09:18 PST 2012

I guess I should have been more explicit. The telling thing was that according to the article, half the "meteorologists" had no degrees in the subject or atmospheric science, and I assume most of those were media types, as you don't get hired into science-based positions without a relevant academic background. Your local media "weatherman" doesn't do actual forecasting, they're forecast readers, and often just an interjection of light humor at 10:15. From reading his bio, there's no indication that John Coleman ever did any forecasting, he was a media person.   Anyone can join the the AMS, just pay the membership fee.

As a former pilot, I had a through education in weather, as it was important for the preservation of life and limb. But I wouldn't pronounce myself an expert in climate science.

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA