[Vision2020] Why are most meteorologists climate change skeptics?

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 19:39:34 PST 2012

Well, you could have quoted this from the article:
 As the only professional who speaks about science in an atmosphere of 30-second sound bites, weather forecasters are often asked to gauge an
opinion on anything that may touch upon a scientific topic, although
they may have scant knowledge of the field. These inquiries may give
them the impression they are more omniscient in their science knowledge
than they really are.  "There is one little problem with this: most
weather forecasters are not really scientists. When a broad pool of
weather forecasters were surveyed in a study barely half of them had a
college degree in meteorology or another atmospheric science. Only 17
percent had received a graduate degree, effectively a prerequisite for
an academic researcher in any scientific field."
"Among the certified meteorologists  surveyed in 2008,
79 percent considered it appropriate to educate their communities about
climate change. Few of them, however, had taken the steps necessary to
fully educate themselves about it. When asked which source of
information on climate change they most trusted, 22 percent named the
American Meteorological Society (AMS). But the next most popular answer, with 16 percent, was "no one." The third was "myself.""

>One of the leading weatherman deniers is John Coleman, founder of the Weather Channel. He has an undergraduate degree in ...journalism.

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA