[Vision2020] All hail the new flagship

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:42:05 PST 2012

Right on!

Especially:

   "The apparent ease with which President Kustra pulled off the move not
only is a testament to his political and PR skills,* it also says much
about President Nellis’ passive nature. Vandal partisans should ask
pointedly why their president, despite all the obvious signs, failed to see
this coming and did nothing to block it.*

*   **One has to ask pointedly also where were the two Idaho board members
with the most obvious connections to the University of Idaho, Bill Goesling
and Emma Atchley, and why did they go along?* Surely they could not help
recognizing from a PR standpoint alone how insulting to the University of
Idaho this slap in the face would be."

This action do not come out of the blue, but likely was long process of
clever incestuous political planning.  A few words after the two-minute
warning was hardly a professional or effective countermeasure, nor did this
coup by BSU give much to alleviate the long running allegations of the UIs
disconnect with Idaho politicians and power structure.

Its time for a major reassessment of the UI leadership and a hard look at
its General Counsel and its PR/Communications endeavors and staff.  But we
knew this after their response to the tragic murder last year.

*Sidebar:*  The trail head on the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes at Medimont
(home of the article's author) on the shore of Cave Lake is a fine place to
go to or start from.  Either direction on the trail gives ample opportunity
for great wildlife and wildfowl opportunities -- herons, egrets, ducks,
numerous kinds of small birds, moose, beaver, muskrats,bear, coyotes
otters, etc, and several lake shores/Coeur d'Alene river shore
environments.  Riding or hiking a few miles in either direction is a real
treat.

w.

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)