[Vision2020] PR - City to Host Discussion on Bike and Ped Planning

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Fri Feb 17 15:26:24 PST 2012

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208-883-7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
City Hosts Community Discussion on Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning

February 17, 2012 (Moscow, Idaho) -  The City of Moscow is hosting a community discussion on February 21, 2012 at 4 p.m. in City Hall Council Chambers, 206 E Third Street, Moscow, Idaho.  The discussion will feature information presented by Kevin Lilly, City Engineer and Tyler Palmer, Streets/Fleet Manager on the Portland State University Initiative for Bicycle and Pedestrian Innovation course entitled, "Comprehensive Bicycle and Pedestrian Design and Planning" attended last fall.

The goal of the Portland training was to provide practitioners with the fundamentals of pedestrian and bicycle planning and design to integrate transit access and connections, bridges, trail crossings, and other special features for application at the City as well as providing education for the community.

This community discussion is a project of the Active Living Task Force to assist with the promotion and education of healthy and active living in our community.  With the support of a grant from the Department of Health and Welfare and the support of Idaho Smart Growth, the ALTF strives to educate our community on the link between active and healthy living and transportation planning.

For more information on the City of Moscow Active Living Task Force or this community discussion, please visit http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/projects/active_living.aspx or call Jen Pfiffner, Assistant to the City Supervisor by phone at 208.883.7123 or by email at jpfiffner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:jpfiffner at ci.moscow.id.us>.

###

Story Contact: Jen Pfiffner, Assistant to the City Supervisor
Phone: 208.883.7123
Email: jpfiffner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:jpfiffner at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.

[Description: Facebook Email Small]<http://www.facebook.com/#!/CityofMoscowIdaho>      [Description: Twitter Email Small] <https://twitter.com/#!/CityofMoscowId>