[Vision2020] Fwd: The Friday Letter

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:30:00 PST 2012

There is another issue here as my correspondence with Rep. Tom Trail
reveals.

 *IC 67-2343. **Notice of meetings -- agendas*. (1) Regular meetings. No
less than a five (5) calendar day meeting notice and a* forty-eight (48)
hour agenda notice shall be given unless otherwise provided by
statute*[emergencies]. Provided however, that any public agency that
holds meetings
at regular intervals of at least once per calendar month scheduled in
advance over the course of the year may satisfy this meeting notice by
giving meeting notices at least once each year of its regular meeting
schedule. The notice requirement for meetings and agendas shall be
satisfied by posting such notices and agendas in a prominent place at the
principal office of the public agency, or if no such office exists, at the
building where the meeting is to be held.

Was an agenda item posted by the SBOE 48 hours in advance of the meeting
where the action occurred?

If not, then the action may be overturn by a court proceeding?

If so, where was the UI?  Do they not have the wit to monitor the agendas
of the SBOE, their governing agency?

And where was Bill Goesling, board member from Moscow?  If there was an
agenda item, did he notify the UI?  If not, did he object at the meeting
about the lack of an agenda item and consequently the illegality of the
action?

w. **

art.deco.studios at gmail.com