[Vision2020] C-Span2 4 PM Today: Chomsky and Greenwald: "With Liberty and Justice for Some"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 15:32:31 PST 2012

I was planning on listening to Greenwald being interviewed today on
C-Span2, but was astonished just moments ago to discover MIT linguist
and political thinker Noam Chomsky is the interviewer.

This promises to be very good.

If you miss the 4 PM showing on C-Span2 today, only minutes away, I
assume the interview will air again on cable or satellite, or is or
will be viewable on the C-Span website.

I read that the so called "War on Drugs" ('War on Dugs' is a funny
typo!  http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2012-February/081185.html
) is under discussion briefly here on Vision2020; and there is no
doubt in my mind that this "war" is a glaring example of our so called
"justice" system discriminating against those of lower economic
status, often racially based, to the point I would call this a human
rights abuse issue.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/print-schedule.php

7:00 pm ET
Approx. 1 hr. 9 min.
Brattle Theatre

With Liberty and Justice for Some
Noam Chomsky; Glenn Greenwald
------------------
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/WithLi

Former constitutional rights lawyer, Glenn Greenwaldcontends that the
United States has a two-tiered judicial system, one for the "haves"and
one for the "have-nots." Mr. Greenwald presents his argument by
tracing the evolution of judicial inequality, from President Richard
Nixon's pardon for the Watergate scandal to what the authors deems
were economic and political crimes committed during the George W. Bush
administration. The author posits that both political parties and the
media are culpable for creating an unequal judicial system. Glenn
Greenwald presents his thoughts in conversation with political
theorist, Noam Chomsky at the Brattle Theatre in Cambridge,
Massachusetts.