[Vision2020] Labrador makes the news

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 17:43:46 PST 2012

>From tonight's All Things Considered (NPR)
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/02/02/146306745/lawmaker-leading-probe-someone-needs-to-go-at-justice-over-fast-and-furious

(Attorney General) Holder pointed to major management shakeups at ATF and the U.S.
Attorney's Office in Arizona, where most of the now-questioned decisions in the gun case appear to have been made.
That wasn't enough accountability for Idaho Republican Rep. Raul Labrador.
He brought up Holder's involvement in a controversial pardon during the
Clinton years, and accused Holder of failing to prepare for his
congressional testimony.
"Mr. Attorney
General, I believe the American people deserve better," Labrador said.
"I believe the American people deserve to have an attorney general I can trust, and for that reason I have asked for your resignation."
Holder called the remarks among "the worst" he had ever heard in Congress.
"Maybe this is the way you do things in Idaho or wherever you're from," Holder said. "But understand something. I'm proud of the work I've done as
attorney general of the United States, and looked at fairly, I think
I've done a pretty good job."