[Vision2020] Year-end personal computer maintenance

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Dec 30 18:27:44 PST 2012

I know where you're comin' from, Mr. Marcy.

I use four different storage devices for backup . . .

- Two 2-terabyte external hard-drives:  Long term temporary storage. (for stuff I may wanna hold on to for a long period, but not necessarily permanent.

- A virtually infinite quantity of labeled CDs/DVDs:  Permanent storage.

- Fifteen to twenty thumb-drives (each ranging in capacity from 8-GB to 32-GB): Easily portable storage.

- Online web directories:  Used primarily for temporary online linking and for downloading to an iPad if/when I'm on the road.

As far as reading material is concerned . . . anything political.

What can I say?  I'm a troublemaker.