[Vision2020] A Drunk by Sen. Crapo

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Mon Dec 24 17:48:08 PST 2012

*
A Drunk by Sen. Crapo*

'Twas the weekend 'ere Christmas, while out of a house

Michael Crapo was driving while being a souse.

The blow tests were done by the cops with care

While knowing the press soon would be there.

The voters were resting all snug on their couches,

While munching goodies from their snack-filled pouches.

When roommate with a clicker, and I with my fiction,

Changed channels for news and check out the diction.

Then out from the speakers there arose such a clatter,

I looked up from my book to see what was the matter.

Into my ears the reporter spoke clearly,

Crapo was driving after drinking too dearly.

I closed the fiction with a prescient smile.

Soon all would hear the statements of denial

This drunkenness is different, not as the rest

That many will abhor, the remainder detest.

I rose to my feet, my book quickly tossed,

Away to my bedroom, lest a good sleep be lost.

This may be the first, but it will not be the last,

All hear this story 'ere his election is past.

Ken