[Vision2020] Fear of shooting prompts CdA closure

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 21:16:38 PST 2012

I hope this was really a real plot that was stopped, and not just a lot
of hot air.   The authorities did what they had to do, play it straight
up, because anything else in light of recent events would be foolhardy
in the extreme, but it does have all the earmarks of a young person in
pain issuing what amounts to a cry for help.  Because if that's what it
was, then her immediate future is going to be one long nightmare
instead, and she can kiss goodbye any chance of getting any actual help
any time soon.

Law enforcement did what they had to do, but I fear that there will be
many such cases like this, and I doubt they will all be crises that were
successfully averted in the nick of time.

I agree that her father did the right thing by locking up the handguns
and putting on the trigger guards, because you never know for sure if
she's serious or not.

Maybe somewhere along the line she'll be able to come to grips with her
gender issues and others reactions to them that she's no doubt
encountered along the way.

Paul

I'm sure I'll get a lot more hate on this list in response to this post,
but just know that I'm not trying to make some political point in some
kind of game of one-upmanship.  Regardless of what we end up doing with
regards to assault weapons bans or gun control legislation in general,
how about we put some additional funds towards helping people like her
out, so people in her situation don't end up in the same position she's
in right now. Whether that's the position of someone about to embark on
a rampage, or someone who is threatening to do so in order to draw
attention to her plight.