[Vision2020] Teachers . . .

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 10:12:14 PST 2012

Hi Tom,

Thanks for this great image.  The teachers at this school were proud
members of my union: the 1.5 million strong American Federation of
Teachers.  The fact that they had school security training saved many
lives, but, sadly, not enough.

I'm collecting info for a column "Mental Illness, Masculinity, and
Mass Murder," but will write a quasi-Christmas column "Cal Thomas,
Islam, and Copy-Cat Religions" first.

When Cal Thomas was V-P for the Moral Majority, I debated him here on
the UI campus in 1993.  At the end of the debate, Thomas put his arm
around me said: "I would love to take a course from you sometime."
It's the nicest compliment I ever got from a conservative Christian.

Time for mourning, but also time for immediate action.  And, Paul, I
promise not to be hysterical.

Nick