[Vision2020] Total 2011 German police bullet usage was 85

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Dec 18 12:49:37 PST 2012

Another thing about Deutsche Polizei . . .

As much as I seriously appreciated German Police (on more than one occasion while in the Army stationed in Nurnberg, Stuttgart, and Wuerzburg), suspects are not read their rights (Mirandized), probably because (for all intents and purposes) suspects' "rights" are extremely limited.

When the polizei flag you down, they mean NOW!  If/When the polizei request a blood sample, I suggest you do so willingly.  The alternative can be painful.  Polizei officers are armed with 9-millimeter handguns and Uzis.  Most patrol cars have a canine partner in the back seat.  Large city police stations are supplied with a sufficient quantity of armored personnel carriers.

Oh, by the way, did you know that failing to stop and offer assistance to a motorist is a crime in Germany?

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com