[Vision2020] Oh the irony, or is it ignorance?

deb debismith at moscow.com
Thu Dec 6 19:05:30 PST 2012

A response to Judd Wilson's public rant:

My husband and I have two kids (and a grandchild). We are "Open Doctrin Wiccans". We very much desire (and are living) a life on the land, with freedom and the support of local, state, and federal government in the form of roads, schools, infrastructure, and assistance to the needy. We desire to be Wiccan Agrarians, with organic and sustainable practices, and have no television or cell phones (not because these are "bad" but because we just don't need them!). We are thankful for our ability to provide for our own well-being, and support others who do the same. We also support several families who cannot provide for themselves. We pay our taxes and support community causes. We have no difficulty embracing those in the community who are Christians, Atheists, Pagans, Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, and anyone else who wishes to reside in Moscow and make a life here. If some faith or non-faith puts up a billboard, it does not impact me or mine. I have always been  fully capable of speaking with my children about "faith", and believed they would find the path that worked for them.

I have zero sympathy for Judd Wilson. If he has an inability to discuss this with his child, if his belief is challenged by a mere billboard, and if he needs the entire community to validate his point of view, I say he needs to look to his scripture---"Oh, Ye of Little Faith" indeed.

Debi Robinson-Smith