[Vision2020] E-book Question

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 4 00:03:06 PST 2012

Since Visionaries share such vast knowledge, I'm wondering if anyone knows
of an online resource where one can find out whether or not individual
e-books are complete?

I'm beyond weary of purchasing e-books only to find them missing
photographs, drawings, maps, etc. that are present in the physical
publications.

When pushed, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Apple have all told me that they
have no control over whether or not a publisher includes those items in
their e-books.  Worse, apparently none of the three even know whether or not
photographs, etc. are included in any individual book -- the only reliable
way a reader can find out is to make the purchase.  And, since e-books are
non-refundable, one is then stuck with an incomplete e-book or suckered into
turning around and purchasing a physical copy to get the complete book.

Contacting publishers directly has been a mixed bag:  some respond quickly,
some respond slowly, and some not at all when asked about individual titles.

E-books did a great job of decreasing marital discord in our home by
eliminating my frequent need for even more bookcases.  But, I've found that
I'm reading less because I'm tired of getting burned by incomplete e-books,
so I thought I'd here if anyone knows of a reliable way to find out the info
prior to purchase.

TIA,
Saundra
Moscow, ID

. . . we call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us
how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words.
~ Anna Sewell